Regional (M.P & C.G)

40 Sick after Consuming Mid Day Meal at CG School: Reports

Some 40 students took ill after they consumed the contaminated mid-day meal served at a government school in the Abhanpur block in Raipur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday, say media reports citing officials.

Official say 38 of the 156 students up to Class Five of the Singarbhata village government primary school started vomiting after consuming the food.

Though, still unconfirmed, reports suggest that a dead lizard had made its way into the food served to the pupils. 

“There is a report that a lizard was found in the meal. It looks like a case of food poisoning,” Raipur district collector Sanjay Garg was quoted as saying by IANS News Agency.

He added that an investigation had been ordered into the incident.

The students were taken to a health centre, where the condition of several of them was reported to be critical, the reports added.
(With Agency Inputs)

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker