The Hockey players, who are boycotting World Cup preparatory camp demanding unpaid dues, have been served a 24-hour notice to report for practice, failing which they will face consequences, reported Hindustan Times quoting sources.
AK Mattoo, Hockey India president, told media persons earlier in the day that a complete ban on players was indeed under consideration.
As many as 22 players who were seleced for selected for the training camp at the Shiv Chhattrapati Sports Complex at Belawadi near Pune, have refused to come out and practice demanding that their pending dues.
Mattoo said that in case of the ban, India would field a second-string squad in the World Cup, which is scheduled to commence from February 28 in New Delhi.
It may be mentioned that unlike in other sports, where last minute replacements to World Cup squads can get complicated, hockey associations can submit their full list of 18 players even 30 days before the event and even afterwards can change a squad, if required.
Hindustan Times reported quoting sources that the 22 players at the camp have demanded an amount of Rs 3.5 lakh each as reward for their performances in tournaments last year, while Mattoo has reportedly offered them Rs 25,000 each.