Regional (M.P & C.G)

NHPC to Establish Wind Power Project in MP

NHPC, the largest hydro-electric power producer in the country, is all set to establish a 100-MW wind power generation project in Madhya Pradesh, say media reports.

“The company is setting up a 100-MW wind energy project at Kukroo in Madhya Pradesh,” NHPC CMD SK Garg was quoted as saying.

The corporation further plans to enter solar as well as other non-conventional energy generation domains.

“We have received approval from the Madhya Pradesh Energy Development Corporation (MPEDC). NHPC is entering into wind power generation through its subsidiary Narmada Hydro-electric Development Corporation (NHDC),” said Garg.

NHDC is a joint venture between NHPC and the Madhya Pradesh government, the corporation hold 51 per cent of the JV while the state government accpounts for the remaining 49 per cent stake.

Centre for Wind Power Technology (CWPT), under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), had invited proposals for establishing wind energy project in the state.

Skirting queries on the investment involved in the project, NHPC Director (Finance) ABL Srivastava said, “This is (wind power project) in its initial stage therefore the investment has not been decided yet.”

(Based on media reports)

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker