Pune Blast Might Have Been Triggered by Using Cell Phone: Report
Pieces of mobile phone have been found among the rubble of the Pune bomb site, leading forensic sleuths to examine if the RDX-Ammonium nitrate device was triggered off by remote using the cell phone, reported Indian Express.
So far security agencies were looking for pieces of clock among the wreckage as initial probe indicated that the IED had a clock timer device.
Probe into Saturday’s blast picked up as the Maharashtra ATS, along with the sleuths of the National Investigation Agency, were able to identify the Indian Mujahideen module behind the German Bakery Carnage, said report.
Report said that government sources in Delhi were silent about the line of probe but the Union Home Ministry was informed about a possible breakthrough in the case in the next 48 hours at the highest levels.
Also, taking seriously the call made by the Lashkar-e-Taiba Al Alami to a correspondent in Islamabad, the Centre has asked the security agencies to identify its antecedents, said report.
The ATS is believed to be honing into I-M chief Riyaz Bhatkal and bomb maker Subhan Qureshi aka Tauqeer as possible culprits behind the German Bakery blast, though there is no technical data as of now to support this claim, said report.
Report said that the Home Ministry, on its part, was keeping its fingers crossed whether the prime suspects would be nailed even as there is mounting pressure on the intelligence agencies to pre-empt another attack before the Foreign Secretary level talks.