Nearly 110 students of Symbiosis college of management Pune have been hospitalized when they fell ill after eating contaminated food serviced in the college canteen, reported Samay Live.
After eating food the Symbiosis Infotech Campus canteen, students complained of headache, loose motions and vomiting, said report citing sources.
Report said that students were immediately rushed to Birla Hospital. Doctors said that the situation was under control.
Students have blamed the college management for poor quality of food in canteen, said report, adding that they had constantly lodged complained in the regard but management took no action.
However, college administration said that students took meal outside the campus, said report.
The sample of food from college canteen was taken for examination and action would be taken against canteen owner if found guilty.
Pune’s Symbiosis Management College has been reputed institute in Maharashtra.