Earlier this week, Sonu Nigam was admitted to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai for a severe allergic reaction to seafood. The singer, who was back on his feet in time for a concert in Orissa on Tuesday night, advised fans to “never ever ever ever take a chance with allergies”.
Sonu took to Instagram to share two pictures of himself. While one was a selfie showing that his eye was swollen shut, the other showed him lying on a hospital bed wearing an oxygen mask.
“Thanks for your concern and love. Now that you know that I am returning back from Jeypore Orissa after managing a concert last night, I now don’t mind sharing how I was the day before yesterday,” he wrote.
“Lesson for all of us, never ever ever ever take a chance with allergies. Sea food in my case. If Nanavati Hospital wasn’t near by, my trachea would have swollen up further and lead to asphyxiation,” Sonu revealed, wishing his fans and well-wishers a “happy and healthy life”.