Judge who staged sit-in outside Madhya Pradesh High Court suspended
Jabalpur: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has suspended on grounds of misconduct additional district judge RK Shrivas, who recently staged a sit-in outside the court alleging “wrongful” transfers.
“The administrative committee of Madhya Pradesh High Court has taken a decision to suspend RK Shrivas on Tuesday. The orders of the same have been issued,” the high court’s Principal Registrar (Vigilance) Satyendra Kumar Singh said.
He, however, refused to share the reasons for the suspension of Shrivas.
The suspension orders, however, stated, “Whereas a departmental enquiry has been initiated against Shri RK Shrivas, the then officer on special duty, High Court of MP Jabalpur, presently posted as additional district judge Neemuch for showing act of grave misconduct.”
“And whereas, serious nature of acts of misconduct warrant his suspension from service,” the orders issued by Principal Registrar (Vigilance) further added.
Shrivas maintained that he would continue his fight against the alleged injustice meted out to him.
Shrivas, who had assumed the charge as additional district judge at Neemuch on Tuesday after recent transfer from Jabalpur, said that he received the orders by fax at 6 pm on Tuesday.
“I received orders by fax at 6 pm. I will be headquartered in Neemuch during this period. I will oppose this suppressive action,” he added.
Shrivas had staged a sit-in in front of high court here for three days from August 1 in protest against his four transfers in the last 15 months which he said were in violation of transfer policy (for judicial officers).
Shrivas, who started as a Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) in 2000 was promoted as an additional district judge about three years ago.
He said that he had written to the Chief Justice of MP High Court and the Chief Justice of India (CJI) last year about rampant violation of Transfer Policy 2015, which allows a person to work at one place for a maximum period of three years.
Despite this rule, several officials in the judicial service are working in one place for as long as five years, he had alleged.
« Chandigarh stalking: Subash Barala seeks more time for son Vikas’ appearance before cops (Previous News)
(Next News) Quake in China’s Sichuan province kills 19, injures 247 »
Two dead, six injured in Finland stabbing spree
Turku: Two people were killed and six were injured in a stabbing spree in theRead More
Portal launched for online registration of madrassas in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: In a bid to check “irregularities in madrassas”, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday launched aRead More